Tuesday, May 10, 2011

#9 Last Item Purchased

Personal projects. All creatives need them. With out them, our passion, that we've turned into a job, would simply return to being just a job. I don't often get the time to work on personal projects. Partially because it requires a baby sitter... but mostly because I haven't had any good ideas for decent projects lately.

My last project was probably 9 months ago. I loved it and it literally consumed me. But that's the thing with personal projects. They stir up passion. And if that passion is not being fed, then it will leak into my professional work. And what good of a photographer would I be if I lost passion for my work.

Anyway... I've been really feeling the need for a new project. And I've finally settled on trying out film!! Yeah!!! So today, after a few ichats and emails with other photographer friends who I know have already dabbled in it... I settled on a Nikon FE.



Then after doing some quick searching it appeared eBay was my only option. Ugh. I hate eBay. It gives me anxiety. I found a number of Nikon FE's on eBay... 4 of which were ending within the next few hours!!! I made some grave mistakes on the first two cameras. I placed bids with about 10 minutes left and then the price got to high... so finally on the 3rd camera (which actually also came with a 28mm lens too... when the first two cameras were 'body only') I placed my first bid at 10 seconds left... AND I WON!! And I spent $10 less than what the first two cameras closed at!

So... holla!!!!

But the best part about buying a Nikon is that I can use ALL my current lenses on it!! I doubt I'll be putting on my massive 24-70 on this camera, but my 50mm 1.4... OH YES!!!

Anyway... in 3 weekends Kyle and I are going on our FIRST weekend trip away from Rowan!! We've both been away from him separately, but never together. So we're heading up to Kernville with our good friend Joel and Erica... and its going to be a photographic hoopla!! Joel is a photographers as well... and I think I've convinced him to dust off his Canon ae-1 and shoot some film with me that weekend. I'm so excited and I can't wait to see the results!

Soooooo... that was my most recent purchase. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Fun!! Ebay seriously stresses me out too, sometimes I can't fathom that someone else is clicking faster that me in those last few seconds. Just. Not. Right.

    Also, I want to get a brewsky with you in Kernville :)

    ReplyDelete